New 2007 Odyssey Touring - Hesitation/Bucking - VCM

I just purchased a new 2007 Honda Odyssey Touring. I noticed that when the Variable Cylinder Management system engages (from 6 to 3 cylinders), the van hesitates/bucks (very noticeable). The Owner?s manual and feature video states that the the driver will not notice when VCM engages. During test drives of new 2007 Tourings, I was not able to detect any hesitation/bucking when VCM engaged (from 6 to 3 cylinders). I can?t imagine that the hesitation/bucking is "normal" for a vehicle in this price range.

Would like to hear from other 2007 Honda Odyssey "w/VCM"owners regarding this issue.

Reply to
pc-va

I have a 2006. The cyclinder change is undetectable and the only way you know it is happening is the eco light turns on and tells you. Your car needs to be fixed but you might want to drive it for a week to see if the computer figures it out.

Art

Don't wait to hear from others. The owner's manual is explicit in this. You should physically experience nothing.

You're under warranty. TAKE IT IN. That's what Honda pays those mechanics for in a warranty situation.

If they give you the old "they all do that," it's quite simple: ask to go for a ride, with the mechanic/service writer, in two or three new ones they have on the lot.

When those don't do it at all, have the service writer document that and give you a copy. Then ask them to FIX IT.

If they don't know how, they have Honda resources to call upon.

Your shiny new $35,000 toy should not be doing this.

I'm glad you read your owner's manual. Have you read it cover to cover?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Precisely. As long as you have the time to kill, take it in ASAP. My '06 Touring doesn't even make the little "click" noise I've heard some others complain about. The manual is exactly right. You should hear/ feel/detect NOTHING.

Reply to
Robert

"Robert" wrote in news:1173187124.218947.132460@

30g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

It is very common for the various PCMs to need reflashing when this sort of thing happens. Might be all you need is that.

I second (third) the others. Take it in to the dealer, describe your symptoms. For all you know, there's already a TSB on this issue.

Reply to
Tegger