Re: Where is fuel filter on 2001 Accord EX Automatic ?

> my 306k mile crx was on its original filter. sure, you might need to

>> change if you're a farmer in the habit of fueling from a muddy can, but >> to most folk, you'll never need to touch it - changes should be on the >> basis of need, not recreation. >> >> >> > There have been 4 cars in my family that really needed fuel filter > changes. In two of the cases the symptoms were sporadic - the engine > would run fine for a while than quit. Let it sit a few minutes and it > would work again for minutes, hours or days. There is no need > preemptively change fuel filters unless you are averse to the engine > dying while on the road or taking the car in for repair and being told > there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with it. However, the > troublesome filters were also small. > > Mike

ok, there is something to be said for preempting idiot mechanics that can't diagnose a basic problem like this, but then again, maybe not. when i went to vehicle tech classes, we'd be given bench motors with undisclosed problems and tested on our diagnosis and repair. basic flow- chart stuff. if you can sit down with the honda manual and the honda diagnostic charts, there really is no reason anyone should be giving you a vehicle back unable to find out the problem. just changing fuel filters doesn't make your mechanic good at their job.

Reply to
jim beam