Scaping Noise

Just for info only:

2000 Honda Accord--Began hearing a 1/rev (once per Revolution) scraping noise coming from the right front wheel. Started to get nervous driving the car thinking that maybe it could be a wheel bearing problem. Finally, took the wheel off and saw that the rotor was loaded with rust around the rim. Knocked, banged, filed as much of the rust off (on both front wheels). Took a test ride and no joy--no significant improvement. Decided to get the car into a shop but before doing it, decided to give it one more look and removed the wheel again. This time, using a light, made a careful examination of the rotor area. Finally, noticed, tucked away in a hard to see area, that the stationary metal cover plate ( for want of another word) on the backside of the rotor was touching the rotor. Bending it back a bit out of the way was the solution to the scraping noise. I was seeing all kinds of dollar signs--wheel bearings, brakes, rotor etc. I feel luck today! MLD
Reply to
MLD