Vortex Air Intake Fins for CR-V

I have a CR-V and noticed these vortex fins. They go in your air intake and supposedly improve power & mpg by spinning the air.

The manufacturers claim that more air gets into the combustion chamber.

Are these worth the time & money? (15-minutes to install, ~US$25)

-Alex

Reply to
Alex

Fro 75 years there have been pills to put in your gas, magnets to attach to the carburetor, little propelers to put in the carburetor throat, etc. NONE work! Don't throw away your money.

bob

Reply to
Apple Dumpling

Alex wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

How can you get "more air" if there's additional items in the airflow? Does "turbulence" increase airflow? (NO) What if the fins come loose and get ingested by your motor?

Have you tried Googling for consumer tests on the "Turbinator" or "Tornado" devices??

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Send me the $25.

I promise to squander it on wild wimmin 'n booz and further promise not to complain about any hangover.

You'll be secure in knowing that your dough made an old man happy for a cupla hours...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Alex wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I can assure you they work wonderfully in making sure more of your money gets into the seller's wallet.

Wouldn't be worth it if they gave it away for free and installed for you.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Grumpy AuContraire wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@GrumpyvilleNOT.com:

At least you're going to spend it on something productive.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Thanks for the tips. Someone told me they saw a TV program about these kind of devices. They ended up putting it in the "snake oil" category.

-Alex

Reply to
Alex

At my point in life, getting up is being productive...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire