06 Sonata LX rattles from the front passenger area

I have an 06 Sonata LX and recently I have noticed some (extremely annoying) rattling noises coming from the front passenger side area. It only occurs when I hit bumps, and in New England weather, the frost heaves are everywhere.

I am not sure if it's the speaker in the passenger door, the actual passenger seat, or the glove box. My suspicion of the passenger seat is because the noise becomes quite faint when I have a passenger, and only more noticable when I hit a bigger bump in the road. My reasoning for the glove box is because it seems to become louder when I drive with it open. The speaker is a silly thing to think of, it's possible, but why after a year did it come loose?

Hyundaitech....any clues?

-M

Reply to
mbleisch

We have a 2006 Sonata with a similar sound. Couldn't figure it out. Turns out it was a rattling leaf underneath the hood near the wipers!

Reply to
bop

I don't have anything good to report. I've seen cowl rattles, insufficient body welding (not structurally), excessive windshield sealing causing the cowl to rub, and fenders rubbing on the a-pillar. It'll probably take someone digging in to find the noise.

I say take it the the dealer and let them worry about it. You'll be making some dealer technician unhappy, but that's part of the job, sometimes. At least it won't be me this time. I'm not in New England.

Reply to
hyundaitech

you might search this group for similar post, I think others have discussed something like it. I had a creak really, not so much a rattle...only in cold weather over washboard surfaces and at hiway expansion joints. As it disappeared over, say, 50 degrees, I ignored it. I did mention it to the dealer when in for routine maintenance. I cleaned out the car, bins ,and truck just in case they would look for it. When I got my car back, the mechanic complained I had too much loose stuff in the car to chase a rattle! I had a small stuffed animal on the dash!....Well, low and behold, the rattle was gone...they fixed it though no mention of fix is on the repair order..........I think some suspect windshield/dash panel fit.

Reply to
Darby OGill

I have wind noise on Psgr side and the drivers seat clunks when I start and stop. Haven't been to dealer with it yet.. I really HATE new cars...always something needs fixing. Not as bad as it was years ago though!

Reply to
Deck

Try securing the passenger head restraint.

Reply to
Ned Hamilton

"Deck" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

I can read Wayne's posts fine, although they are formatted rather strangely. Like a cross between HTML and ASCII. He is using Qusnetsoft NewsReader 3.3.0.11 as his newsreader. I'll try to do some research and see if I can figure out what the problem is.

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

"Eric G." wrote in news:Xns98F4816F4E32AXz124HiiUdfEEE6@140.99.99.130:

This is a news reader for a device with Pocket PC on it. It seems to me that it sends messages out through the Outlook client. As such, there are too many variables for me to figure it out without a device of my own to experiment with. Wayne, check your Outlook settings and see if anything seems out of the ordinary.

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

Thanks Eric. It was working fine all along until these recent complaints. Now I cannot update the Newsgroups on the Pocket PC.

It does not actually go through Outlook. Quesenetsoft Newsreader connects to the NNTP server through the USB port via ActiveSync and can do so witelessly without the laptop being on.

I will have to troubleshoot this over the weekend. This message should ve readable and is being sent via Agent -- one of the best PC-based newsreaders on the market. I just wished the authors would make one for the PPC and then I could get rid of the Russian Qusenetsoft Newsreader.

Best Regards, Wayne Moses | Houston, Texas

2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 5-speed
Reply to
Wayne Moses

Wayne Moses wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

LOL. I can feel your pain. After years and years of experimentation, I finally went with Xnews. I agree that Agent is an excellent program, but when dealing with binaries, I found Xnews to be just a little more efficient for my needs.

Interesting that it doesn't need Outlook. Although I admit readin through the broken English was a bit difficult.

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.