1992 Elantra gls 5 speed not shifting to 2 4 and R

Hi There, My old Elantra decided to stop shifting into 2 4 and R the other day. It will sometimes go into 4 if I kind of bang up on the shifter without putting it in 3rd and then bringing it down to 4? Any ideas? The linkage? Anyone know how I adjust that on a 92 elantra?

Thanks, Dean

Reply to
dlingley

Check your shift cables, both in the console and under the hood. It's probable one of the retaining clips has come loose or one of the shift cables has separated.

Reply to
hyundaitech