1995 Accent window winders stuck

Three out of four of the windows are stuck, luckely in the closed position. This seems to happen often with the Accent, still what is the cause and is there a not too difficult way to fix this myself? I wouldn't call myself clumsy, but I'm also no technician.

More on the car: 1995 Accent 5-door with manual winders, Dutch version (hence not named Accent, but Excel).

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
eejee

One problem that has occurred with the 1995 Accent is that the windows are improperly glued to the plastic grips that hold them. If they stick in the window run (weatherstrip), the regulator may pull the grips off the window, resulting in a moving crank but no window action. To repair, you'll need to reglue the window into the grips.

Reply to
hyundaitech

hyundaitech schreef op 30-5-2007 :

Clear. This might be the case with one of the rear door windows, where the crank indeed moves freely. Your answer suggests that this can be fixed with relative ease. Still, of the remaining two windows that are stuck the cranks cannot be moved.

I witnessed the breaking down of one of those two. On closing the window the passenger had to pull the crank through a resistance when the window was already almost closed. Then the window snapped quickly into the closed position and could not be opened again.

Can there also be another cause?

Reply to
eejee

That doesn't sound good for the other two windows, then. I've never seen this occur before. It's possible you may have jammed something in the regulator or that the regulator is broken. Without pulling the door trim panel and investigating, this is really just speculation.

Reply to
hyundaitech

hyundaitech schreef op 30-5-2007 :

OK thanks. When I've some spare time, I will see into it.

Reply to
eejee