1999 Elantra 2.0 Camshaft Position Sensor

I was wondering if anyone would know what the signal waveform should look like, coming off pin 2 of the CMPS, on a standard oscilloscope?

Will it be a clearly identifiable square wave / pulse train of some sort or will it consist of ultra thin "spikes"?

Thanks!

Reply to
ctek1

The cam sensor puts out a 12V square wave. Of course, if you use a large enough time scale on the scope, it'll look like thin spikes.

Reply to
hyundaitech

"ctek1" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

at

I asked for an account and my request was granted.

On this site is the complete shop manual, including wave forms. It helped me a lot with maintaining my 1996 Lantra wagon and with troubleshooting in one case.

Dick

Reply to
Dick