Dash Removal & Hot/Cold mix rather hosed - in search of BETTER AM RECEPTION!

as I'm replacing my lousy stereo in the 00' elantra I think I've yanked the stinnkin' cable really loose. (okay, I was a little hacked off and rather yanked) =( I didn't really REAM IT OUT, but I sorta yanked on it. =) Anyway, it's ONLY hot now...no matter how far toward the cold it's turned...even w/ the A/C button pressed. I tried to SHOVE the cable back in there...but that sure didin't work :(

any tips? =)

This is all in an effort to get my lousy '00 Elantra to even GET AM reception. It had about 10%, now it has ZERO % and I've got hot air too! DOH!

okay, too many problems for one post probably...but they seem related... ;(

Reply to
christanner

You'll need to crawl under the dash and check where the cable attaches to the heater box. You've probably pulled the ring on the end of the cable open and possibly off the heater box cam. You'll need to bend it back into shape. You may have also pulled the cam off the lever on the box. If that's the case, you'll need to work it back into position. Once you see what's going on, it should be pretty straightforward. Even if you can't fix it simply, you should be able to manually push the heater box lever to the other side to give you cold air for now.

Reply to
hyundaitech