Electronic Throttle, 06 Sonata and others...

Although this post is directed at HT, I wonder about the redundancy of the electronic throttle. Is there a secondary circuit in the pedal module that anyone's aware of in the event the primary circuit faults? I gotto thinking about this the other day...

Steve in AZ

Reply to
Steve R.

Surely there has to be something like a redundant FADEC, but there are probably also several single points of failure. My old mechanical throttle car had about 10 different non-redundant bits between the pedal and the throttle body.

Reply to
PMDR

There is an accelerator position sensor on the accelerator pedal of the '06 Sonata. It indeed sends a redundant signal to the PCM. Similarly, the throttle position sensor (TPS) also incorporates a redundant signal.

The exact mechanics of the '06 Sonata are different from the systems on models introduced prior, but those incorporate similar redundant signals.

Reply to
hyundaitech