Hyundai Mileage

I think you meant width above rather than diameter. If you change the diameter, your speedometer/odometer will read the wrong value no matter what the aspect ratio is as changing that will only change the width given that you've already changed, and thus fixed, the diameter.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

I believe that GM is the only other car maker that competes well with Toyota and Honda with respect to engine efficiency. Hyundai still seems to lag a little. My best MPG with my Sonata on a trip was 32 MPG, still

2 below the EPA highway average. My other two vehicles will almost exactly match their highway ratings on a trip.

It seems to hold true in most road tests as well. The Toyota models almost always come out the best in "real world" mileage achieved.

I agree. I'm very satisfied with the power of the 4 cylinder in my Sonata. My only regrets are the sensitive throttle and clutch (mostly the throttle). It is the only car I've ever owned that can induce a nasty PIO if you get on a bumpy road of just the right frequency. It takes very little movement of the foot to get a big response from the engine.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Yes, width is correct, not diameter. Oops. Don't ask me how I came up with that one....Thanks for setting us straight.

ERM

Reply to
Eric

Yes, sometimes the fingers just don't cooperate with the brain!

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Thanks PMDR. I guess I'll get it done asap. Also I had been on a trip to South Virginia from here in DC over the last 3 days and was pleasantly surprised when I averaged 32.5 MPG with my V6. I know it was

99% highway with only 2 rest area stops and cruise control between 60~70, still it was quite nice to see such figures on the trip computer...
Reply to
Vineeth

ed hollis wrote: I purchased a 2005 hyundai sontata V-6 two months ago- i decided to check my mileage----I wanted to get a true test with and without airconditioning. I averaged 32 miles mpg on a 100% 275 mile trip averaging between 60-65 miles per hour. -without any air. I was amazed of the miles per gallon average. In the city with the air condition it seems to be much lower. I will soon be returning and will do the same trip with the air to compare.

how does this compare to others

Mark W. wrote:

ed hollis wrote: I purchased a 2005 hyundai sontata V-6 two months ago- i decided to check my mileage----I wanted to get a true test with and without airconditioning. I averaged 32 miles mpg on a 100% 275 mile trip averaging between 60-65 miles per hour. -without any air. I was amazed of the miles per gallon average. In the city with the air condition it seems to be much lower. I will soon be returning and will do the same trip with the air to compare.

how does this compare to others

Mark W. wrote:

I get about 30mpg on long stretches at 65-70mph, with AC running.

You're a better man than me running 275mi without air. -

Bob

Reply to
Bob Adkins

Whoops! Noticed you have a 2005. Never mind. :) -

Bob

Reply to
Bob Adkins