Hyundai Tiburon (US) GK

Hello all;

My girlfriend is looking at Hyundai Tiburon GK, 0-??? and I'm helping in the research, (or actually doing most of the research) What are pro's and cons for purchase, and what should I look for as well as look out for. I'm interested in the collected wisdom of the group to assist a newbie in getting the most bang for the buck. I've done research on Edmunds, and know current prices, but not what the best options are, or what are better extras to have from those that live with the car daily. GS, GT, SE, or what. Which engine is better over the long haul V4 or V6, which needs more TLC. How forgiving is the gear box, or should I look for an automatic. Is the 6 speed in the SE worth it, or settle for a GT.

She's going to be using the car as a daily driver (SoCal traffic), maybe a little track time, but mostly to and from work, with the occasional road trip to the mountains. Not hauling much of anything other than my carcass. I'd be happy to answer any other questions off forum, since I don't want to clog this up with a repeated thread.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Miller

I,ve had a series of Sonata,s , both 4 and 6 cylinder. Whilst there is obviously more power in the 6, the 4 cylinder seemed a much better balanced car. I know thats not a Tiburon but I suspect the physics is the same. Wasn,t much diff, if any, in the fuel economy. John

Reply to
John

The more options, the more chance of something braking. The more options, usually the more comfortable the car is to drive on a regular basis. Personally, I like all the goodies and will buy the top of the line of a particular model, but if money is more important, the bottom of the line is a better value.

If you are going to keep the car for a very long time, getting what you really want from the start makes more sense th en just buying basic transportation. When I was younger, I liked the stick shift, but these days, I'd much rather be in traffic with an automatic. The only four cylinder cars I've ever owned were a couple of Karmann Ghias, a 64 and a 70. My preference is the availability of spirited acceleration.

I don't think we can really answer your questions as personal preference varies so much. Try to determine the features that are "needs" versus the "wants".

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski