Locking problems on Lantra

Problem is a 1999 Lantra. When remote is pressed there is a faint single click from module in dashboard. Lamps flash once. Doors do not lock or unlock. Pressing remote again gets you two clicks from module in dsahboard and two lamp flashes. Still no onlocking or unlocking. I,m not sure its connected but Cig Lighter outlet in dash doesnt work. All fuses ok. Any suggestions appreciated. John

Reply to
John

The wiring, especially that going through the door to the modules, well known problem to the Hyaundai dealers.

Reply to
Irwell

I may have a related problem with a different model. I'll now post about it.

Reply to
Richard Steinfeld

Much obliged for that. Its RHD so obviously we are talking Drivers door seeing it would be opening (and flexing wires) more often than passenger. John

Reply to
John

The OP's vehicle is older than the ones with the known wiring issue. I'd recommend checking the power lock circuit. Based on the description, we know that the signal from the fob is being received and interpreted properly.

Reply to
hyundaitech

All sorted. It appears that central locking was added to Australian models locally. That extended to a fuse being added behind the dash that doesnt appear in the handbook or websites ot get a mention anywhere!. After spending an entire day tracking wires I had a mirror on floor looking behind dash and bingo. New fuse , all fixed.

The OP's vehicle is older than the ones with the known wiring issue. I'd recommend checking the power lock circuit. Based on the description, we know that the signal from the fob is being received and interpreted properly.

Reply to
John

Glad you found it, John.

Reply to