NO power/ acceleration with blinking CEL

Ok for the past several days I've been having no power/accel issues with my 01 Elantra . I've had the codes read at AutoZones AND the dealer but no error codes are found . I've replaced the TPS 3 times , replaced the fuel filter , replaced plugs and wires ,checked the timing and timing belt . So anyone out have a clue or SWAG to what may be going on ?

Reply to
Mad E Moe

So are you saying the dealership cannot find the problem? Did they only check for codes or give your motor a good going over?

I had this same issue with a 97 Ford that I owned many years ago and the dealership tried unsuccessfully to find the problem on two separate occassions. They finally hooked up a data logger to my OBDII port so they could "see" it happen as I was driving over a 1-2 week period. Not sure if Hyundai has such a device but I would think they may. Basically, when ever it happend while I was driving I would press a red button and it would log

30 sec back in time and 5 minutes moving forward so you could see exactly what was going on.

Ended up being a bad O2 sensor that had gotten "water logged". Once replaced, everything was back to normal and I was a very happy camper. Not sure if this applies here but it sounds like your looking to turn over every rock you can for a possible solution.

Reply to
cableguy3

Can't drive the car , I would risk ausing severe damage to the catalytic converter and engine if I did so that option is out . Apparently finding no codes is not an abnormal thing .

Reply to
Mad E Moe

If your check engine lamp is flashing, there should be at least one trouble code. The flashing lamp indicates a misfire. Even if there were no code, the dealer (or any other competent shop) should be able to locate the cause of a misfire. Misfires could be repaired prior to computerized fuel systems. Certainly, they can be found and repaired using the same procedures today.

Reply to
hyundaitech

It may one of the coil packs. Check the connections to make sure they're clean.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Reply to
Mad E Moe

Do a simple vacuum test If the vacuum at idle stays steady around 18 " it's OK if it drops way down it indicates a clogged converter or muffler Unbolt the ex pipe & run it briefly if the power is back you know it is the problem

Reply to
sqdancerLynn