Re: 2004 Sonata question

GUEST wrote: > I have the V-6 Sonata, 2004, with 30,000 miles. The dealer said my > transmission fluid was dirty last time I was in for an oil change. My > questions are this; > > 1. With the 100,000 mile warranty, can I have my local mechanic flush > and fill the tranny fluid without voiding the warranty?

> 2. My Sonata needs new tires already. Even though I've had them > rotated regularly. Anybody have a recommendation on a good brand/type > of tires to put on there? My local mechanic can pretty much get me any > tires I want. I want to get some that will last 40 or 50 thousand > miles. > > 3. I am going to have the anti-freeze flushed at the same time as the > tranny fluid. Any special hints about doing this? > > Thanks to any and all help. > > Brian

I have had really bad results with Michelin tires with several separations, etc. Have had good results with Goodyear and Goodrich. Put ComforTred Goodyear's on my 02 Sonata 30,000 miles ago and I don't think they are half worn out yet. Goodyear says 80,000 miles but I never get what the manufacturers say. They cost $93 each at Sam's Club.

I still think you should not need anything done to the transmission at

30,000 miles. Change the antifreeze every 2-3 years.
Reply to
southluke