Seat belt warning chime

The seat belt warning chime on my 1999 Elantra rings sporadically but very often when I DO have my seat belt on. It is extremely annoying.

Intermitent electrical issues are the hardest things to diagnose and my dealership can't fix it.

Does anyone know how to disable this or at least muffle the sound?

I always buckle up so please don't reply that I need this warning chime for safety. Driving with this chime constantly going off is the biggest danger as my stress level goes up!

Reply to
rickwilk

I disabled that a week after we bought our '99 5spd wagon.............if I recall correctly, the connecter is behind the access panel under the stearing wheel/column

LA

Reply to
Leonardo

I disconnected mine also ; on my 2002 SantaFe i think it was behind the drivers kickplate on the leftside.

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa