Sonata 2000 - Small pulsing device (pump?) behind NS headlight - What is it?

Turning the ignition key on a 2000 Sonata yesterday, without starting the engine, I heard a clicking sound from the engine compartment. Lifted the bonnet and found a small pump-like device behind the headlight. I disconnected it and the clicking stopped.

Please, anyone. What is this device? A diaphragm pump, for what?

Reply to
Tom

If this is on the right side of the vehicle, it's possible it's the alarm siren.

Reply to
hyundaitech

No. it's in the left (NS/UK). Sorry my info is so sparse and lazy, I'll get a better look at it soon. My first thought was that it was the central locking pneumatic pump which could easily be a diaphragm type and therefore make a pulsing sound - but the central door locking still works afer my dsconnection Being close to the headlight I wonder if it something to do with the steerable (fog?) light.

Reply to
Tom