Sonata top speed?

Not s Sonata top speed but high speed on the Elantra. Earlier I posted a report on my '05 Elantra after one year of owner ship. This is an excerpt from that post regarding the Elantra speed

"On the high speed section I drove the first 100 miles at 70 MPH and for the next 300 miles I never went less than 90 MPH and at times over 115 MPH. After the first 100 miles a guy with a ton of antenna and all kinds of stuff on his dash board blew past me. I hooked up with him for the next 300 miles I would let him get about a quarter mile or more in front of me. The only time I slowed down was for traffic. At times cars got between him and I and I would have to go like a bat out of hell to catch him. That's when I was going over

115+ MPH. I finally had to stop for gas as the fuel warning light was on. The car rode rock solid, no float, no lift, no sway. The car rode smooth. Surprisingly the tach never went to high. I don't remember what the tach numbers were but I remember being surprised at how relatively low they were for that high of a speed."

I was in Arkansas heading north out of Little Rock. I don't know how much faster I could have gone, but there was more speed available. The

115 mph was not just a short blast for a couple of seconds. I averaged 102 mph over the last 300 miles.
Reply to
Robert

Impressive!

I don't see that happening here in California with our flat desert of miles upon miles. It could happen for awhile but not for 3 hours. The CHips are always around. Arkansas Patrol must have been on a coffee break!

Reply to
Jose Juan Miqueleno

Does publicly admitting that you are an idiot make you feel better?

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

So tell me Matt, why is it that you feel compeled to insult people. Do my comments bother you? Since when did you become the moral and legal guide of this board. People exceeded the speed limit. Thats a fact. Was it wrong of me to go so fast? Of course it was. But then agin that is of no concern of yours. The answer to your question of "does it make me feel better?" is that I was comenting on the speed of the car. Does it make you feel better to insult me by calling me names?

Reply to
Robert

Robert wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I think it makes him feel superior. But honestly, driving at an average of

102 MPH for that long does seem a bit excessive to me too. I'm certainly not a saint, as I've already posted, but I would not push the limits of the car that far for that long. Your car, your choice.

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

I believe in calling a spade a spade. I've also known too many people killed or maimed by people driving like you described or driving drunk. I have no tolerance for that and if you post such stupid stuff here, I'll respond by calling it what it is.

How good would you feel if that speed had caused you to blow a tire and spin out killing a mother and two kids? People like you think the world revolves around them and have no regard for anyone else. Sorry, but that is stupid and I'll forever call it stupid.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

We all know that if his tire blew at 70 and he hit a woman and her two kids than they would have all lived. Quit with the "I'm better than you" attitude, you have broken the speed limit before and have no right to judge. I suspect you have driven over 100mph sometime during your life, maybe the o/p is in the same time of his life that you were in when you were doing "stupid" things.Go back to complaining about your Sonata, your good at it.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

You obviously believe in name calling. Your are arrogant to think that it is your place to comment where no comment is necessary.

I've also known too many people killed or maimed by people driving like you described

I don't believe you. Why do you make things like that up? Trying to prove your point with some pompous statement like that.

or driving drunk.

Drunk I don't recall saying anything about drinking.

You are a very amusing person. I find your pompous attitude refreshing. Your childish attitude is refreshing in its ignorance.

Of course you will. Its your duty to say these things. Thank you.

I love these moral tirades of yours. Are you looking for support. Answer to your question is that I would feel terrible if those things happened. I would feel equally as bad if those things happened when I was going the speed limit. That is a silly question to ask Matt. Would anyone say they would feel good. Of course those things did not happen so what's the point. There wasn't any traffic so to speak. Every 10 to 20 miles the guy in front of me that I was following would come up upon a group of cars and we would slow down to get around them. Since he was a good quarter mile in front of me I would get caught behind the cars, and yes I went around 115 to get back on pace with him.

People like you think the world

I was unaware that you had such insight to know what I do and don;t have regard for.

Sorry, but

No Matt that's not stupid. W hat I did was not a good thing, but not stupid. At three AM in the morning with not another living thing in sight in the middle of know wear its not only acceptable, its common. Matt on this stretch of road there are no signs of civilization. No lights on the horizon, none to the right, none to the left, and none behind.

Matt you just don't know when to shut up. I am waiting for your next silly reply to me. You just have to keep responding to this thread. You can't let it go can you. I look forward to your continued preaching. Best regards to you Matt.

Reply to
Robert

It will do at least 140, I was going that fast during rush hour. It may have been 135, I was drunk and eating while on the cell phone so I can't recall exactly. The tires are not rated for that high a speed though. I had a blow out and hit a woman and two kids. Good thing it was the tires fault or I might have "felt bad." I'll keep you posted on the lawsuit against Goodyear and Nextel. (They should know talking on their network is dangerous while you drive.)

Reply to
Rob

That would be you're, not your. :-)

I've never done anything nearly as stupid as what he described. If you don't like what I post, you are welcome to ignore it.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Look like I'm not alone in keeping the thread going.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Im shore their is allot more spelling and gramathical missteaks then just "your". Learn better english.

Reply to
Rob

Thank you Matt, you just affirmed my previous statement

Reply to
Robert

Very good Rob. This thread is very clever. You cracked me up with this one. The last one was good too. Regards, Robert

Reply to
Robert

You are a jerk. I was in the left lane doing 40 mph so I could read the newspaper and you scared the crap out of me.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

At least it is easy to keep you happy.

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Those things can't happen at 70mph? What speed do most accidents happen at? What speed do most fatalities happen at?

Reply to
Mike Marlow

So that was *you* that was right up on my bumper in the left lane! Next time take your paper and move it on over to the center lane and just pass me. I go plenty fast enough to get where I want to go and if you have a problem with that get off my bumper and just pass me.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Mike, you, Edwin, and Rob should get jobs as sitcom writers. You guy are funny as hell. Keep them coming, we all could use the laugh Regards, Robert

Reply to
Robert

Doh! I hate it when that happens. -

Bob