1996 Rodeo Charging

When I press on the accelerator pedal in my 96 Rodeo, the alternator stops charging you you can see the battery needle drop, hear the AC blower change pitch and lights dim a little. The battery is fine and the charging system works great at any speed, idle, highway, yet when the car accelerates slowly or quickly, it stops charging. I find this behavior extremely agitating. I am curious if anyone has seen this and knows what it means?

Kaz

Reply to
Kaz

Slipping belt?

Reply to
Danny

Nah, the belt is not slipping. I am told from others on an isuzu group that this is "normal behavior" but nobody has given me an explanation. Sounds ridiculous to me to be considered normal. It really almost seems as if the computer is turning off he alternator for whatever reason, and when it does, the voltage drops to battery draw levels. Why the hell would you want that to happen especially while accelerating?

Danny wrote:

Reply to
Kaz

Turns out that it is really supposed to act this way. How annoying...

Kaz wrote:

Reply to
Kaz