Headlight on 2002 Trooper

How do you replace a headlight on a 2002 Trooper?? Do you just replace the bulb or the whole assembly??

Reply to
rwcos

the bulb, it comes out from the back of the head light assembly.

Reply to
Bernie

Ok, how do you do it ?? It looks like it has a plastic clip on it or does it turn off ?? Thanks!!

Reply to
rwcos

Turn the ring counter clock wise, pull it back (it will only move a couple of inches) Pull the bulb out, then disconnect the wires. Make sure the bulb is free of fingerprints when you put the new one in. Assemble in rewverse order.

Reply to
Bernie

That kind of thing is basic auto maintenance knowledge, and is most likely addressed in the owners manual. Yes, the bulb comes out. You could have found that with a minimum amount of Internet research. BTW, they are standard 9004 bulbs, if that's your next question. Look in the book, man.

Reply to
Dave

Try again. The wire harness comes off FIRST!. Second, the ring, and lastly, pull out the bulb. It's much easier that way.

Reply to
Dave

Well it was NOT addressed in the owners manual . If it was I would not have to post this request.. Also, would you consider what I did to be an "internet search" ???Sorry if my level of car knowledge doesn't equal yours!!! By the way , I did figure it out and did replace the bulb, my goal was to get some info before I screwed anything up !!! Thanks!!

Reply to
rwcos

Actually, it IS addressed in the owners manual. For the 2001 model, page

9-11 specifies the type (and quantity) of bulbs required for the headlamps. In very basic, logical terms, that implies that the bulbs are replaceable. I can't imagine that the 2002 manual is any different. A quick phone call to the dealer would have answered your question.

Most available replacement bulbs contain very simple changeout instructions. It ain't rocket science! Kinda like checking the oil. Once you locate the dipstick, reading it correctly is your responsibility. Your dealer will confirm that, as well.

Reply to
Dave

Thanks Dave , I wish I was as smart as you !! That way you would not have to respond to my stupid question!!! Get a life !!!

Reply to
rwcos