Viscous or Torsen Limited Slip Rear Differential for Axiom?

NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway. No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.

Does anyone know, is there an aftermarket Viscous ( Silicon Fluid ) Limited Slip or a Torsen Limited Slip Rear Differential available for the Isuzu Axiom?

So far, my snow driving experiences in the Axiom have been alarming. While attempting parking maneuvers in deep snow...

In "Torque on Demand" mode one rear wheel spins wildly until the clutch pack compresses with a sickening "THUNK" and then the rear end lurches violently to one side for a moment. Then one rear wheel begins spinning again, and the process repeats over and over.

In "Four Wheel Drive Low" mode, ( center differential locked ), I can get the truck moving in the snowy parking spot, but the rear end still slides sideways although at a more gradual rate.

Winter Start seems to be pretty useless.

Getting into a narrow garage in the snow is nearly impossible without risking smacking the side of the truck against the side of the garage door opening.

I have had AWD vehicles with Viscous Limited Slip rear differentials in the past and they never had this sidestepping problem. Also, I have read good reviews about Torsen type rear differentials.

Are either type of rear differential available for the Axiom. If so, could anyone share their experiences with them on Axiom or other trucks?

TIA

Reply to
An Metet