1995 XJR

Hello,

I've foung a '95 XJR for sale and after the first test I really got addicted. However, the Jaguar community where I live is rather small and I need som advice for things I should check before I sign a contract.

The car is English Racing Green in color, about 103 000 km. I've just driven the car for some km's and at start up the idle was a bit unsteady. After the engine got warm,, the idle revs become more stable, but a bit high (1200-1500 rpm in N). After a little kick on the throttle, the idle fell to < 1000 rpm. Using the normal position for the automatic gear shift, the car didn't response when I wanted a kick-down. Maybe I was too cautious with the throttle. However, using the sport mode gave more lively respons.

Beeing a novice with regards to Jaguars I really would appreciate any advices and helpful comments.

Best regards

Morten Fossum

Reply to
Morten Fossum