89 XJS injectors

Hi, I have an 89 XJS V-12 which I bought new. It has 59000 miles and hasn't been driven much in 10 years. I usually start it up once a month. Last
time I went to run it, it wouldn't start and I heard a metallic pinging sound as I cranked it over. I thought maybe I had stuck a valve. Anyway, I pulled the injector rail and manifold and checked compression- all good about 150 all the way. But the pinging sound has now disappeared. Could that have been a bad injector? Also, those short hoses from the rail to the injectors look real brittle- can you buy those seperately.?
Thanks in advance.
Check the following link
http://www.jaguarfuelinjectorservice.com/Index.htm
you should change the injector hoses very soon. Once the get brittle they crack and spill raw gasoline on a very hot engine....do the math.