Buying XJR 1995

L.s.,

I want to buy a XJR Supercharged, but an 8 cylinder. Is it only a 8-cylinder from 1996 on, based on the XKR motor of that year? Was it a 6 cylinder before? The Horse Power between XJR-models jumps from 270 tot 370, thats why I am wondering wheater there are XJR's with and without Superchargers.

I have an offer from 1995. Is that a 'good' vintage year?

Thanx for the information!

Arno

Reply to
Arend-Pieter Willem Hartogh
95 and 96 had 6 cylinder motors that put out 322hp/378lb-ft that resulted in a 0-60 mpg of 6.6 secs. My 95 has a 4 speed electronic transmission but I'm not sure when they went to a 5 speed. Mine has 115k kms now and still feels brand new. Tire choice is very important or the car will tram, rather badly actually. Drive the car down some main roads before going out on the freeway and getting a speeding ticket (my girlfriend wasn't behind the wheel 5 mins and she was being pulled over!) The V8's from 97-2000 have Nikasil piston liners which have in a few cases led to lose of compression and Jaguar (as well as BMW) have had to replace some motors so it would be wise to have a blowby test done. But I wouldn't hesitate to get a V8 model that is in good shape. I actually prefer the interior of the 95 and how I can get it sideways in the rain with the traction control turned off.

oh here's a link to the 95 brochure with more specs:

Cheers, Paul

Reply to
FilthyCherry