David A. Stockman........ got bonus while his company goes BANKRUPT ???

Collins & Aikman Products Corp.

Former CEO of the company David A. Stockman has quit his postion and given a tidy 20 Million Dollar going away present for his gallant efforts to ruin the company. Shortly after his "retirement" the company is forced to file bankruptcy and now is on the verge of bringing the automotive industry to a grinding halt !! Collins & Aikman owes millions of Dollars to small suppliers who can scarcely operate in this political environment and now the automotive supplier giant is taking them to the cleaners in bankruptcy !! Previous CEO Jerry Mosingo was similarly retired several years ago and was promised payments on his retirement...... when these NEVER came he also filed suit against the corporate giant.

We here in the UAW would like to ask our fellow workers to petition their congressman for an investigation into Stockmans Financial affairs and those of His wife Jennifer, who is the Nation Co-Chairman for the republican Majority for Choice. and also a BlackStone Partner, former owners of Collins & Aikman !! Stockman lives on an 11 Million Dollar estate on Conyers Farm Road in Greenwich Connecticut. We in the UAW believe that Stockman has falsely represented his company and has dishonored his alliance with the UAW and should be made to forfit any bonus earnings while CEO. Please write your Congressman !!!!

Remember ..... the JOB you save could be your OWN !!!

Reply to
ltvwsfmj

C.E.O. - Criminal Executive Outlaw. Now just try to jail one of these buggers and you'll realise you live in a Chaste system. Vampires like this guy are sucking the prosperity of a Nation.

News Flash - "Company lays off 3,000 workers" Truth - "Company ships 3,000 jobs to China, executives to give themselves 10 million dollar bonuses each."

Reply to
Blake Dodson

Now what's wrong with this Blake. Look, at the end of the day if you owned a company who could make more money by using labour from overseas then you would do exactly the same. Its not a pleasant world we live in, but its a fact of life that companies exist to make money - Period !!!. Social responsibility and environmental issues are a front to make a company sound politically correct. We have just seen a similar episode in the UK with Rover going bust. The parent company, Phoenix Holdings is still trading without issue. At the end of the day a business has failed and people have lost their jobs - Its a fact of life that could happen to any of us yet we always want to shoot the people at the top when its not always down to them - In Rovers case they had a crap product (and have had since the 1970's) and a militant workforce so its no wonder they failed.

Its not pleasant but its all a fact of life and the quicker we accept it and get on with looking forwards then the better off we will all be ....

Stu

Reply to
Stuart Adair

You missed my point. They shifted the jobs so they could reap more. CEO's dont own the company, shareholders do. That's the problem.

It just does not stop there either Stu, now we have Bill Gates saying "We need to change VISA laws". What he is really saying is "I dont want to pay for expensive Americans I want to import my workers, pay them peanuts, and not pay taxes on them either!

Now I own my own buisness and I know the temptations of saving money. But I also know my fellow man, my neighbor, and I hate to see entire families destroyed because some CEO wanted a bigger Mansion. I hear people like you say all the time "Whats the big deal"? Well Stuart, when it comes and takes money from your plate what would you say then?

In the end people need to look at the Big Picture. Who pays to tend for the unemployed? You and me. (If you have a job that is.) It not the CEO or FORD, it the average joe. If we dont protect our jobs then we will just wait to have our own French Revolution and the CEO's will be the Tyrants we hang.

I would feel disgusted with myself knowing that I made a couple hundred Million Dollars a year whilst I condemned decent people to poverty. Does a College Education require such massive pay? Ever hear of ENRON? Well ENRON had a scam saying there were power shortages so they hiked our rates. And after ENRON fell and the truth was revealed that there was no power shortage do you think they lowered our rates or refunded us? HELL NO. There are new criminals, and they control large buisness. They destroy the little guys and then destroy the very company they control.

I am in the industrial electronics field, and I deal with Arrogant people in Ivory towers. I charged a company 50,000 dollars to consult on improving production for a paper mill. All I did was go and talk to the workers on the floor and gather their ideas, ideas that were presented to the company and rejected. So why did they listen to me then? Because I have a University degree and put it all together in a nice, fancy, well written presentation thats why. When I say Caste I do mean Caste system.

If company's are going to orphan hundreds or thousands of workers, they better assist these people to be re-schooled or re-trained. Its only a fraction from the CEO's bonus, is he/she to heartless to make a "Sacrifice"? You better believe it!

Blake

Reply to
Blake Dodson