Having Trouble Lining Up Rear Hub Carrier to Wishbone

I did the bearings on the outer pivot shaft ('87 XJ6) and did not remove the hub carrier.

I am having trouble lining the hub carrier up close enough to the wishbone so I can slip in the pivot shaft. I am about 1/4'' away. Is there a trick to articulating the hub carrier so it can mate up to the wishbone squarely? Should the wishbone be in the up or down position? I'm sooooooo close!

Thanks,

Barry

Reply to
pekoe1111