Re: Intermittent Oil Light

I have a 1995 XJ6 with about 100K miles on it. It runs well and has been serviced regularly by an experienced Jaguar mechanic.

Very occasionally ? every 100 miles or so ? the oil light comes on for a second or two. Then it goes off not to return. The oil pressure gauge remains constant. This has happened after a cold start and, less frequently, for a second on the highway despite the car being warm.

As directed by my mechanic, I switched from 10W30 grade oil to 10W40 but it still happens very occasionally. Ideas?

Thanks very much!

luch

Reply to
stuart