Tyre choice - 1999 XJR

I need a couple on the front of mine. The difference in wear @25k between the inner (worn) and outer (like new) edges is striking. Is this typical? The steering feels fine.

Are P-Zero Assymetrical the de-facto choice? - they feel fine and comfortable (its a much softer set-up than my 6-cyl XJR) but would a different tyre/brand serve me better?

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Mugwump00

Go to tirerack.com and select "tires" and input your car make, model, & year, then select "Read Tire Reviews for this Vehicle" to look at reviews by purchasers of various tires (you can filter the reviews by the category of tire, the type of driving you do, or the mileage). It's like anything else... there are a number of good choices, and nothing pleases everybody. Just be careful you are looking at reviews for years that take your same tire size, because they tend to show other years of XJR's, some of which have a different rim diameter and take a different tire size.

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 seem to get good reviews, as does Michelin Pilot XGT Z4, but not everyone gives good reviews to these or any other particular tire..

Reply to
WayneC

I think the camber may be out on your car. Look up caster and camber while you're at it.

Reply to
Gunner