1990 wrangler 4 wheel drive vacuum line?

Ok so I checked all of that and cleaned them. It seems like its getting to much gas and choking its self out. But it runs for a few minutes slowly dies out and will only start back up after it has been sitting for a couple of minutes. Git any other ideas lol.

Thanks Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy

Has the catalytic converter been checked to see if it is clogged?

Reply to
billy ray

Its not clogged at all. I have also checked the distributor and all of its connections it is getting a spark. Could it be a bad stepper coming off the back of the carb?

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy

Has this Jeep ever run or did you buy it dead and in pieces?

Mike

Mike Romain

It ran but leaked oil so I had replaced the head gaskets on the engine and in doing so the guy who helped me didn't label the vacuum lines. Like I said it runs great and idles but only for aboud 5 min. then dies out and cannot restart till it cools down.

Reply to
Jeremy

Any chance the distributor got messed with or the wires like cylinder 3 and 4 got mixed up? They cross strange.

When in doubt, the firing order is stamped on the intake manifold on most vehicles, Jeep engines in particular but the order is 1,5,3,6,2,4 in a clockwise order with #1 in the cap normally about 5 or 6:00 with

12:00 at the engine block.

Mike

Mike Romain

Oh, I also would be pulling the plugs to see what's up with them. They tell a story.

Mike

Mike Roma>

Reply to
Mike Romain

The plugs are all hooked up right and look good.The engine is getting a spark but Im thinking the problem lies in the carb and the plunger.

Reply to
Jeremy

Have you given it a good cleaning with something like Gumout Jet Spray or Chemtool B12?

Reply to
billy ray

The plugs 'can't' look good with the running description you are giving us.

You should look at the plugs once it stalls to see what they look like now, not when you put them in.

Did you have the carb off or apart when you did the head gasket?

Mike

Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III