78 CJ-7

Hey all,

I have finally got my old Jeep running great. I got rid of thr aftermarket TBI system and installed a head gasket set and a new Eldelbrock Performer intake and carb. One head gasket was leaking a little but the main problem was the lack of maintenance and the EGR system. Between the two they managed to almost completely clog the intake and all the pushrods were so packed with carbon and oil deposits that they could barely move. The book calls for 3 to 7 degrees of timing advance for a 78 304cu. Any suggestions on the best setting? Jeffro G

Reply to
Jeffro G