MileMarker PE8000

Any thoughts on this winch. seems like a bargin at $399

Reply to
Joe

If you want to install a Chinese-built winch on your Jeep, go for it. :)

Jerry

Joe wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

built by the chinese, used by the US Military.

Reply to
zipdog

No, you've got your facts wrong. Milemarker produces a US-built hydraulic winch that is used by the US military. They are not using, nor are many people using, the Chinese-built electric winch that Milemarker only sticks their name on.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Just wanted to know is if someone out there in cyber land has bought or used one of these winches. I called Milemarker today and yes Jerry, they are built in China, but they are designed and engineered here in the US. Milemarker also stated they are a big seller over in Europe and the Spanish military uses them. They decided to try the US since they are not a well known name and decided to sell them for 4 bills instead of the retail price of 71/2 bills.

-Joe

Reply to
Joe

Bull**** on them being "designed and manufacturered" in the US. Totally.

Jerry

Joe wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

i was a little skeptical at first but ive yet to ever hear of a single failure from the chinese built mile marker electric winch. that said, explore the hydraulic lineup before making a purchase. US made, US military tested and proven, and still cheaper than the premium electric winches. theyre a little intimidating at first, but they really arent difficult to install. i installed a 10,500lb. mile marker hydraulic winch on my '03 rubicon

(dial-up users beware)that ill be putting on my next rubicon (or gladiator if they come tomarket this year), and a 12,000lb. mile marker hydraulic winch on my'04.5 dodge cummins 4x4. electric winches served me very well in thepast and i have nothing against them, but since going hydraulic illnever go back to electric. you can never appreciate the differencemore than when you need a winch the most.

Reply to
montanajeeper

I stated "designed and engineered here in the US"

Reply to
Joe

So, I stated they are NOT designed and engineered here. I spoke to a Milemarker engineer at a trade show for my company and he stated, simply, they bought a new line of winches from China due to their losing so much business to the electric winch industry. He specifically said they didn't have much input on what they got other than color and overall specs.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Anyone care to comment on the report, not sure if this was sponsored by Milemarker, seems like a independent report but it sure slams Warn electric winches. it states that a Warn 9000 fried when pulling a test load of 6000 lbs and the cable broke around that same weight.

-Joe

Reply to
Joe

That so-called "independent report" produced a scandal when it was uncovered that the president of Milemarker had personally initiated and paid for it. It was certainly no blind study with controls. It was originally touted by Milemarker as an independent report produced without their knowledge. The president later owned up to having paid to have it done. Really, not a rumor. What kills me is they're still sending that video out free to anyone who asks for it.

Jerry

Joe wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

i certainly agree that anything funded by a vested party isnt impartial....but i do find it interesting that you didnt challenge any of the results in your response.

do you know anything about the company that ran the comparison? do you know anything at all about their reputation in the engineering community?

....jeep also pays a third party to "trail rate" their products. i also question that test because it isnt impartial, but i agree with their results....todays jeeps are certainly trail capable.

Reply to
montanajeeper

Jerry, your right, that mile marker PE8000 is the same exact winch that Harbor Fright Tools carries. Same price, same specs, same controller, just a different branded product. I cant believe I was suckered by mile marker in thinking it was thier exclusive electric winch. I'll just save for a Warn

8000.

also saw these postings

-Joe

Reply to