94 sport transmission

I have a 94 sport automatic transmission seems to be slipping - i this a large cost or can it be fixed relitively cheep? :shock

Reply to
rhorst2000

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Let me get this straight, and correct me if I have gotten something wrong also, some things need clarification.

When you turn the key what actually happens? Do you just hear clicks? If so it is your battery or you have a poor connection on the starter.

Does the starter just spin and the engine does not turn over? If your engine does not turn over but the starter spins it is your starter solenoid, a weak battery or a poor connection on the starter.

Does the engine actually turn over? If the starter does turn over the engine is it slower than normal? If the starter turnover the engine slow then more than likely it is your battery or a poor connection on the starter.

It appears that you pushed started the jeep and it ran ok correct the engine run ok when it started and were all gauges and systems normal?

If your jeep starter engaged and turned over the engine at normal speed then more tan likely it is not the starter or battery. Check the crank shaft position sensor they are known to go bad or get covered with fine metal particles causing it not to read correctly.

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

[...]

I would check the fluid to see if it seems too full or too low. Too low means a leak which can cause a slip and too full means it's full of water which can cause a slip.

Jeep 'forgot' to put any high water vents on their transmissions so they can easily fill with water when crossing a large puddle or creek. I have seen an amazing amount of mud and water come out of Jeep automatics. They kept on running with fresh fluid and filter too....

Mike

Mike Romain

Thanks Bill for the responce - i think it is the clutch bands as the oil level is ok - great web site by the way

also thanks for all the other responces

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
rhorst2000