'96 Cherokee Runs Hot!

I have a '96 Cherokee Sport, 5-speed with about 123K miles. Took it up to the mountains and practically overheated on me. It had plenty of coolant. Is my radiator going out? I have no leaks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Villanueva

Michael,

"practically overheated"? please define.....

RR

Reply to
Red Racer

Ever changed the coolant, ever flushed the system, ever replaced the thermostat, ever replaced the pressure cap :-) If you answered no to any or all of these questions IT IS TIME....

"Michael Villanueva" wrote in news:KcJbb.149349$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

Reply to
Rich Pierson

I chased an overheating prob on son's 95 XJ way too long--started with the low $$ stuff--flush, cap & thermostat, then fan clutch, then water pump--it was (finally) the radiator--got a 3-row GDI from Radiator Doctor on eBay for ~ $100--they negotiated a local install for about another $100--no more problems!

Paul B.

01 XJ
Reply to
PLB49

Use distilled water in your battery and your radiator... helps. __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

I've recently discovered that the auxillary fan on my '93 XJ wasn't coming on. I hooked up a toggle switch to run it manually.

could this be your problem?

Reply to
DirtyBob3Feather

how did you hook up the toggle switch, can you email me at: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com