98 TJ Brake Lines....

Hi, I need to replace my brake lines on my 98 TJ due to heavy rust. Has anyone done this? Not sure if the nuts on the valve below the master cylinder are metric or sae. I'd like to get this done without hitching a ride to the parts store to match up brake line nuts or hunt for adapters. Thanks.

Reply to
Tim

They are unbelievably bad. Very heavy road salt here in New York. Not just surface rust, these things are flaking and very pitted along most of their lengths. The line to the rear actually broke already. I was in a bind and out of town and had to pay a shop. I didn't think at that time to ask if the fittings were metric or SAE. I'll guess I'll just have to remove them and bring them to the parts store to size them up. I hate starting a job like that without having the parts in hand though.

Reply to
Tim