99 Cherokee Sport - No Door Restraint

Hi,

I opened my front driver's side door last week and heard a strange metallic "crunching" noise. From that time on, when the door is opened, it feels like there is no resistance and no stops at the halfway open and full open positions. It just kind of swings freely. Anyone have a clue as to what happened? If I had to guess I would say something under tension that rides against a notched bar or panel of some type has snapped off. What am I likely to find when I open up the door panel? How exspensive is the replacement part for this issue?

Thanks,

Ender

Reply to
Ender

You should be looking in the hinge area with the door open from the inside for a broken spring.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > Hi,
Reply to
Mike Romain

Not sure if Mike is speaking of the same thing, but I would think maybe the "front door check set" took a dump. Ed

Reply to
Ed Smith

God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@billhughes.com

Reply to