another first class jeeper

i never got to meet casey teague (abnsigo from this newsgroup) while he was stationed at bragg, but he was back in town this week on army business so we got together for breakfast this morning. its funny how you can correspond with somebody over the internet for years, and then when you meet them in person its like youve known them forever. ive met about a dozen ramjw'ers (some active, some lurkers) over the past 3 years and i think the quality of people that hang out here is better than any other newsgroup i read. i think we should plan some sort of ramj+w jeep jamboree. for some reason, the south dakota badlands come to mind. :-)

Reply to
Nathan Collier

I will second that!

I have met over 30 from here and we do get together for 3 or 4 camping runs a year plus normally a bunch of day runs.

Had one gent come over Monday needing the plumbing done on his 4.2 plus we did the Nutter while he was here and man it can be a small world.

He used to dive in some of the lakes, 3000 miles away out west in the Rockies and commented about one deep lake he likes. I was a guide out there and commented about all the fish in the same lake and the fact that I lost a nice row boat in there.

Well, I'll be darned if he doesn't know exactly where my boat is on the bottom of that lake! Too funny.

The boat is aluminum and has flotation in it, some kids (or the competition) must have filled it with rocks to sink it. If I ever go back out there, I might just have to take a grapple hook and my Warn winch and a couple batteries on my dolly in, tie the winch to a tree and go 'fishing'. It was a really nice aluminum boat and deep cold water shouldn't have hurt it.

Mike

Nathan Collier wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain