BesTop Trailmax Fold and Tumble Seat Installation Problem

Hey guys, I just finished installing new BesTop Trailmax Pro front seats and went to install the Rear fold and tumble into my 89 YJ when I ran into a problem. I replaced all the stock hardware, as per the instructions, but the seat does not lock into the upright position because the seat pin is being stopped by the side lock down brackets. It looks as if the seat has to move back an inch or so. I have tried swaping the side brackets with no luck. I was wondering it anyone has installed the Bestop Trail max fold and tumble seat into an 89 YJ. I would expect all YJs to be the same here, but I have learned that that is not always the case. Any help/advice on this is greatly appreciated.

Doug Fritz

Reply to
Doug Fritz

The front floor brackets on mine can be put in backward. This would make about an inch and a bit maybe difference in where the seat sits at the rear.

The way I finally installed them just didn't look right until the seat was tilted up and part of the bottom was to set the stop angle for the tilt so it tucks in line with the front seats. If backward, the seat can tilt to hit the front seat.

Maybe yours are on the wrong sides?

Mike

Doug Fritz wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I thought that too, so I changed it around and no dice. I am thinking of "hogging out the holes" so I can move the front brackets backwards some. Kinda the same way they let you adjust from left to right.

Reply to
Doug Fritz

I would be thinking that way too. I would add a nice washer on top as well.

Didn't you get extra when you flipped them?

Mike

Doug Fritz wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I did not seem to get enough. I am going to try one more time in case I did something stupid. I'll let you know.

Reply to
Doug Fritz