Fold and tumble seat for CJ?

I want to change out the old standard CJ rear bench with a fold and tumble. What is the difference between the CJ, YJ, and TJ rear fold n'tumble rear seats?

Reply to
Al Leitch

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

The 85 and 86 fold and tumble is the same seat used in the YJ. the TJ is different due to the redesigned wheelwells. The difference in the pre 85 tubs is the foldn tumble tubs came with reinforcements for the seat belts (as they bolt to the floor) and all the treaded holes for the front and side plate brackets. It is an easy conversion, take measurments from an 85 or 86 CJ. Don't forget to get the 4 brackes along with the new seat.

Reply to
Onlyinajeepcj7

Four brackets? When I got a used fold-n-tumble for my CJ it came with only two brackets, the two under the front edge. Was there supposed to be more?

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Yes, there are two brackets that go on the wheel well sides to hold the seat open. Without these if you hit the brakes hard or impact something the seat will fold and tumble all by it's self.

Mike

Mike Romain