Chrysler may be sold

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Actually, I have a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8. It has a Mercedes built and assembled in Germany transmission and shipped as a complete unit to the Jeep assembly plant to be plugged behind that HO HEMI. Darn nice trans, but no dip stick as they say it never needs fluid, and should some leak out, take it to a Jeep dealer to replace seal and refill by them only. The big HO HEMI is quite loud and that is the only way you can tell it shifts, by sound. There is no feel of the shift itself. YMMV

Reply to
<curtis6317

Slushy soft shifts were one of the reasons I went with MoPar products in favor of GM back when I was younger. GM rectified their sloppy shifting as is evidenced by the crisp shifts of my wifes Suburban, now I know where those engineers went!

And ithe Sub has 170,000 trouble free miles due in part I am sure to my changing the fluid as it should be.

Bruce

Reply to
Highcountry