CLUNKING

Okay, so the 98' Cherokee I just picked up (to replace my beloved wrecked 96) is great, EXCEPT for the severe clunking sound in the right front somewhere when I hit a bump, pothole, etc. Drives nice, tight, tracks well. etc.

I'm thinking bushings- torsion bar, A-arm, etc. OR ball joints somewhere. This a common problem? Where's the first place to look?

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
mbyoh

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

A done Sway bar link willclunk clunck too, Easy to diagnose.... Get two guys and the sway the the suspension using the fron fender up and down. you should cleary ear clunck clunck. And if you are 90 % sureit's the problem but dont want to sepnd the 60 $ CAN the pieces worth disconnect it and go for a ride.... Not dangerous..... Except dont do thight corner at high speed....

did that on mine whent to the dealer with the parts in my hand and replace it. i have to do the left one now on my GC

Pat

"L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@cox.net...

Reply to
Patrick

L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

see also

DougW

Thanks for the tip. I'll check these out today. Makes sense, seeing that I can't detect any looseness in steering or suspension.

Mike

Reply to
mbyoh

And go straight to jail if you kill someone because you lost control while driving with a major safety feature of the Jeep like the anti sway bar disconnected.

Mike

Patrick wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain