Independence Day Poem

I hate motor homes, Their diesel fumes sucking in my vent window, The smell of their brakes between the two mountain passes, And the big hair of their women.

I hate dually pickups in the middle of the road, With their Arizona plates, Their fifth wheel trailers, And their Jeeps tagging along behind.

Why don't they pull over, So I can pass? The horror! The outrage! Why don't they go home and pollute their own country?

Perhaps this one will drive off the edge of the road. Dually, trailer, Jeep, baby and all. It's six hundred feet down.

Happy Birthday, America!

--Earle Horton P.S. This group back to "normal" yet?

Reply to
Earle Horton

LOL You're getting senile "OLD" friend. Happy Birth of America. Take care, Bill

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

It was - but you came back ;-)

Red Mountain Pass (or even Wolf Creek) behind one of those ceases to be fun in a hurry, doesn't it? I used to do a lot of farm hauling and my old man very forcefully taught me that you pulled over and let folks by at the first opportunity. Like passing on two lane roads, that seems to be a lost art.

Reply to
Will Honea

To be fair, a flatlander's idea of "first opportunity" might be different from ours. But I don't get it, a dually, a fifth wheel, and a Jeep on a trailer all tied together. If that thing started weaving it would clear the whole road. I have a Jeep, with a canoe on top, a sleeping bag and a tent.

But enjoy the parade and practice safe fireworks.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Mother nature decided to help things out on the Front Range tonight. Big, black clouds started building up at twilight - moving NNW, which is very unusual for the area. As we sat (in a house) atop an Eastside home, you could see the curtain of rain moving down the mountains and all the local professional displays went into a "mad minute" mode (it's safer to fire them off than handle them around electrical storms) with cloud-to-cloud and cloud-to-ground lightning building all the while. Spectacular! 1.5" hail contributed a nice drumroll as well.

Hope you had a good 4th, Earle. I miss seeing your posts.

Reply to
Will Honea

Having owned a Class "C" rv and having a Jeep XJ, I would say that RVing is like Jeeping ... if you don't own one, you can't understand it.

That said, I agree the dually rig with a fiver and a jeep on back makes no sense. IMHO, he shopuld get a class "A" or larger "C" and then just

Reply to
C.L. "Budd" Cochran

We have the best fireworks on the Western Slope, at least that's what our Chamber of Commerce and Volunteer Fire Dept. say. There were people from all over camped out on my street, like a Woodstock for rednecks. There was a $300 fine for private fireworks, but I am happy to report that the spirit of rebellion lives on in Colorado folk. About nine o'clock it started raining, and all the hippie rednecks got into their Suburbans! I just put another stick on the fire pit and opened another beer. It wasn't raining that bad anyway. A good time was had by all, even if you had to look at the fireworks through the windows of your Suburban.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton