Jeep Cherokee problem - please help if you can

4.0 litre Grand Cherokee Orvis Automatic 'R' reg.

Hello, I'm having a problem with the above car. the problem is mainly on Long inclines. At about 45-50mph in 4th it starts juddering. Between

50-55mph it switches to overdrive and judders like crazy. It almost feels like one of the front wheels is square. If you travel over 55mph in over drive it sometimes settles down, but not entirely.

It sometimes happens on straight flat roads also, but not as often, its mainly inclines.

Also, sometimes it cant decide which gear to be in and you put your foot down on the accelerator/gas and it will not change down until you reach kick-down when it drops 2 or 3 gears and sets off like a rocket!

We have been to the dealer about this and they have no idea what's wrong. I'm hoping that someone else might have an idea or solution so I'll be ready next time I visit the dealer (Wednesday 30th June).

I hope somebody can help!

Thanks in advance.

George H.

Reply to