soft tops q for new wrangler?

picking up an '04 today w/o the factory softtop. Can anyone recommend who makes a decent aftermarket top. More importantly, is the hardware interchangeable with the setup for an 04 model?

Reply to
Eugene

twaldron

I've got a '99 FACTORY soft top that was only used twice. It's still in the factory boxes and is in perfect condition. It fits my '03 TJ fine. I'm in Indiana if you're interested in buying it.

Reply to
Jack Carter

Get the factory top...well worth it...I had a Besttop on my 98 TJ and it was not as tight as the factory.

Reply to
MJ

Reply to
twaldron

The Besttop I had a few years back was nearly junk compared to the factory top. The linkage was flimsy and the fabric didn't fit well.

Reply to
Jack Carter

Reply to
twaldron

Reply to
twaldron

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

It is my understanding that the factory hardware is proprietary and is ONLY available from the factory. Bestop makes the factory soft top, but they don't and can't sell the original factory hardware.

The Bestop sailcloth top is the factory top, but the hardware is different.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

i have a bestop that i bought about a year ago, and as of right now its quieter than the factory one on my friends 98 tj. and it isnt even sail cloth. his flaps on the highway, mine doesnt at all. my tires make more noise than my soft top :)

Reply to
Nicole Mason

Just replaced my factory hard top with a bestop Supertop...LOVE IT....

damn jeep is actually DRIER after heavy rain then with the hard top.....

Reply to
trailboss

hardtop not sealing properly?

Reply to
SB

looked good but it was always wet....not sure what it was but its gone now...

Reply to
trailboss