Need information??. 95 Cherokee 4L, IL6,Fuel/spark control chip.

Folks,

I have a 95 Cherokee Sport with 4L in line 6, EFI connected to the Asian Warner 4 AT. I am wanting to know if anyone out there has done any chip swaps, computer fuel management system changes to improve fuel efficiency.

The OEM chip is mapped and will not go into O2 sensing for loop feedback for improved stochiometric efficiency until high gear is engaged and you are cruising down the highway. All other modes are mapped into the chip and ignore the O2 sensor for attempting a leaner burn in regular city driving.

There are a couple ways to remedy this but, please tell me if any of you have already changed out the chip or the entire system and what type of results did you have.

Thank you-all for any input.

Kind regards,

John

Reply to