Orvis package?

I recently bought a 98 Grand Cherokee which was represented to be an "Orvis" edition. I find no markings or trim features on the car that refer to Orvis. The only place the term appears is on an old insurance document. I got an original equipment list from Diamler Chrysler but there is no reference to "Orvis". Just curious.

Reply to
Dalewhite

Orvis editions had the green and tan interior, if memory serves me right.

Reply to
Big Daddy

Yep. Green/Tan leather, wood/brown plastic trim on the bumpers, maxed out options. Can't remember if they had custom rims or just the Limited rims.

Reply to
DougW

I believe the Orvis was 95, 96, and 97. I don't see a 1998.

-- Bob Parkison snipped-for-privacy@citlink.net

Reply to
Bob Parkison

Thanks to you all who replied. I guess my white "limited" is definately not an Orvis.

Reply to
Dalewhite

If it isn't green it is not an Orivis. I had one a few years back. They are all green. The wheels are green and the interior is green and tan. The seats say Orvis and on the doors too. There is no mistaking an Orvis Jeep.

Curt

Reply to
curt

we got blue ones ..

Dave Milne, Scotland '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara

: > If it isn't green it is not an Orivis. I had one a few years back. They : > are all green. The wheels are green and the interior is green and tan. : The : > seats say Orvis and on the doors too. There is no mistaking an Orvis : Jeep. : >

: > Curt : >

: >

: :

Reply to
Dave Milne

You don't know how difficult it is to resist mentioning kilts and cold weather now don't you... :)

Reply to
DougW

For 1997 Jeep offered the Orvis in Light Driftwood Satin Glow. Had gold trim, Orvis badges on the front doors where most said Limited, skid plates, Up Country suspension (1 inch lift), tow hooks and all of the options of the limited. Green and champange leather interior.

How do I know? Its sitting in my garage and I still have the dealer window sticker tucked in the factory shop manual. It was the first Orvis not in that Green and red trim. Found it when it was featured in the 1997 brochure. When I first called a local dealer in Nov. 1996 to ask about the new color, they said it didn't exist until I told them to walk over to their brochures and look at it. Called the next dealer over and he had one on the lot.

Does reasonably well off road with the dings and dents to prove it.

Reply to
Howard

very good ;-)

Dave Milne, Scotland '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara

: > Dave Milne, Scotland : > '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara : : You don't know how difficult it is to resist : mentioning kilts and cold weather now don't you... :) : : -- : DougW : (Clan Gunn) : :

Reply to
Dave Milne