pictures of the finished product (almost)

I have to ask myself if it will every really be finished. There will always be something to fix, buy, adjust, or re-arrange. Anyway, it's on the road. Sometime it will get new paint.

I want to arrange the plug wires. I have seen a few items to do it. Some are adjustable that bolt on using 2 of the valve cover bolts (the ones that lay the wires beside the heads) and others are different. I'm looking for opinions here. What works?

hopefully this works, I'm an HTML novice, if not I'll post it again unformatted.

Pictures from different angles: http:/home.neo.rr.com/rocketitis/P1010021.JPGhttp:/home.neo.rr.com/rocketitis/P1010022.JPGhttp:/home.neo.rr.com/rocketitis/P1010023.JPGhttp:/home.neo.rr.com/rocketitis/P1010024.JPG

Chip

Reply to
Chip

How noisy are those cherrybomb mufflers?

Reply to
BillyRay

They're actually flowtech purple hornies, and I would say that they are fairly noisy (As far as I know - they are the same as cherrybombs). Under acceleration, they have a very robust sound. At 35 mph, I could easily carry on a conversation with someone even if I'm riding without the top. Also, they do not have any of the 'back-down' noice that I have heard with other engines. I'm not sure if it's the nature of the muffler or the nature of the engine. I would like to extend the tailpipe out the rear, behind the tires, to get the exhaust further away from the driver's seat. This works for now and they are much quieter than the unbaffled header mufflers that I have seen in the JC Whitney catalog. Those were on it before I rebuilt.

Chip

Reply to
Chip