Re: 98TJ door strap bolts

I have snapped the bolts that hold the web loop that

> stops the door from hitting the front fender > twice in a year.Does anyone have a fix > for this problem,besides not letting the door open so far? > Bead_runner > > Do not reply to this e-mail account

I just had to fix this on my 98 last week. I took the door apart, pulled out the threaded inserts and put in the biggest screws/nuts/washers (#10 screws with nuts I think, I also used 3/8 inch flat and lock washers) that would fit. Along with some loctite it seems to be holding fine.

Keith

Reply to
KH