shipping delays

my poor lil rubicon is sitting on a rail car somewhere in iowa (left toledo feb 21), awaiting another train to haul it to spokane washington. it was originally scheduled to be dropped off in spokane on the 6th and then trucked into billings by the 15th, but the spokane date has been moved back to the 8th with a "depends on truck availability" to get it to billings. it only took them 3 weeks to build it after i placed my order, but it appears it will take 4-5 weeks total just to ship it. i offered to fly to iowa and drive it back but that was a no. i offered to fly to spokane and drive it into billings and that is also a no. i remember when my brother flew to detrioit to pick up his factory ordered 70's something z28 right as it rolled off the assembly line. seems that now the dealership has to inspect it first.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Actually, you can still do that with a 'Vette, but you have to specify at the time of ordering. They have a space at the 'Vette museam, which is right across the street from the factory, and your car sits there for everybody to oogle before you pick it up. I believe you can also be the one to drive it off the end of the assembly line. If anyone's ever in Bowling Green and has some time to kill the plant tour and museam are definitly worth the trip. Also, there's a car dealer next door to the museam that specializes in old, restored cars. Their showroom was just as good as the museam.

-- Old Crow '82 Shovelhead FLTC 92" 'Pearl' '95 Jeep Wrangler YJ TOMKAT, BS#133, SENS, MAMBM, DOF#51, SPUNGER#2

Reply to
Old Crow