This ought to annoy someone <G>

When the Liberty first came out something about it seemed familiar, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. A few months later someone at work got one and as I was walking past it one day I looked inside to try to get the view you would get driving down the road, and that feeling of familiarity was even stronger.

A few hours later it hit me. With those curved bulges going down the hood following the shape of the headlights it is very reminiscent of a much maligned AMC product... and that product took that shape from an even older AMC product.

The original AMC product was the American, the newer one was the immortal Pacer.

Go ahead, take a look and tell me I'm nuts (it wouldn't be the first time ), and remember I'm talking about shapes you would see out the windshield.

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

Yup! I can see it! Four round black tires and two round headlights. :-) LMAO!

Reply to
Frank_v7.0

Are you implying that there was something wrong with a Pacer?

Reply to
Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man did pass the time by typing:

Something was right with it?

Reply to
DougW

Who, me?

There was (and is) a lot wrong with the Pacer, but that doesn't change the fact I've always sort of liked them... but they I tend to like weird cars.

I still think a nice Gremlin would be pretty cool.

Jeff DeWitt

Stupendous Man wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

Stupendous Man proclaimed:

It depends. Do you tend to sing Bohemian Rhapsody while driving down the road?

Reply to
Lon

Lon did pass the time by typing:

More importantly, do they come with red licorice dispensers in the ceiling.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
Pop-N-Fresh
[cough] Hasn't everyone at some point ?

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne

EXCELLENT!

I've never been much of an AMC fan, but the pacer was "interesting", and certainly more distinctive than the Matador.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

............. sometimes.......

Reply to
SBlackfoot

Your point being...?

;)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

With the name "Garth" you have to ask? Party on, Wayne. Shhhyeah!

Reply to
Lon

Hence the winky... ;)

"Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?"

"No." (Laughs) "No."

"Neither did I. I was just asking."

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Kinda makes me wish I still had my Pinto!

Seahag

"Jeffrey DeWitt" wrote:

Reply to
Seahag

More distinctive than the Matador coupe?

Jeff DeWitt

Stupendous Man wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt