Typical Dealer Service

Wife took her Cherokee into the local dealer to get the harmonic balancer and timing chain cover fixed. While it was torn down I asked about getting the water pump replaced. Probably would have taken all of thirty minutes to do it. They wanted $200 labor, the same price as if they had to do it from scratch.Guess where I will never go back to.

Reply to
Jimmie

Jim85CJ

"Jimmie" wrote in news:nTUGc.101716$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com:

Thought I'd check to see how much the dealer would charge for a cooling system flush, sign behind me said $70. The "service manager" quoted me $80. And no, he didn't know what vehicle I had. Changing the thermostat BTW, would cost $100.

This was the same 5-star dealer that charged me $300 to change the trans and rear-end fluids. He only had a listing in the book for a 4WD. He said he'd knock off a hundred because I had a 2WD, but he ended up charging me full price cause he said "it took the same amount of time".

Needless to say, I'm done with this dealer (at the very least). I don't know what 5-star gets you, but it isn't good service.

That's why I'll be bugging the folks in this group. So I can try to more work myself. Even though it will probably cost me the same in the end. LOL.

Reply to
Pat Blank

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Just a bad case of tendonitis in both forearms (couldn't trun a screwdriver - period) a few years back was enough to start my air tool collection.

I watched my Dad fight a pinched nerve in the neck for years so I can visualize the problems you are fighting. Only encouragement I can give is that in Dad's case it finally stopped bothering him completely about 6 years after the wreck.

A thought: When Dad first got hurt he had a therapist who ran him thru the wringer and came up with some positions he could rest his arms in to the minimize the affects - things like sleeping on one side or the other, using a sling at times, driving with a pillow in his lap for the arm on the worst side (to take the weight off), etc. He also got relief by putting his chin on a bar and stretching his neck by trying to lift himself with his chin. You might want to experiment a bit with some of that.

Reply to
Will Honea

Thanks, actually my physio has already figured me out fairly good. I have the correct back brace for car seats for my size and have to use it in the Cherokee. When I do, I have no arm issues. They have played with arm braces too. I have to watch it because my whole left upper side will totally seize if I move wrong. Never thought of it for the TJ because my CJ fits nice.

A friend is on his way over now to take me camping at a big Canadian Folk festival for the next few days and I am taking the brace for sure. We are volunteers at the event in the kids area. He has 2 under 10 years old still, mine is over 20.

Mike

Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

You off to Wasaga?? not a folk fest...but the big blues fest is going on there. I'm heading to Sarnia next weekend for the same concernt (just different location!).

Reply to
SB

Mariposa Folk Festival in Orillia, not far from Wasaga.

Cool, blues over in Wasaga too. Going to be a 'fun' weekend!

Mike

SB wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

It wasn't that mini Bill. Lost the sense of smell on one side and my vision has gone real bad on the same side. I see double out of the one eye.

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Well, they're calling it a blues fest...but it's Colin James (the only semi-blues guy I guess) and the Tragically Hip. ZZ Top will be down in Sarnia with these guys...wicked cool eh! haha

Reply to
SB

S1?? I thought it was Cervical (neck) Thoracic (central back) and Lumbar (bum!)

Reply to
SB

Cervical (C1-8) "neck" Thoracic (T1-12) "Chest and abdomen" Lumbar (L-15) "lower back" Sacral (S1-5) "tail bone"

SB wrote:

Reply to
Jim85CJ